Embedding videos is a great way to enhance a website or online course. It used to be that we just linked to the video, clicked on the link and then watched the video on the video owner's site. Well since embedding has come along, there has been an explosion of embedded videos in websites, Facebook, blogs and as the title of this post suggests, into Moodle.
1. Navigate to Youtube and find the video that you would like to embed.
2. Click the "Share" button found directly below the video.
3. Now click the "Embed" button.
4. Copy the Code that should be highlighted. If you would like to use other settings before copying the code, you can by changing the size and security levels of the video.
5. Now go to your Moodle, login, go to the course you are teaching and then turn editing on by clicking the "Turn editing on" button.
6. Click the "Insert a lable" option for the "Add a resource..." dropdown menu.
7. Now paste the embed code that you copied from Youtube into the "Lable text" box.
8. Click the "Save and return to course" button.
9. Now you should see that your video has been embeded.